Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Curvy Closet Flip: Tika Sumpter Edition

I know that the summer is officially over, and we’re welcoming the cooler weather of the fall. However, one of my fellow curvy divas asked me to help her find an outfit for an upcoming vacation. I tried to think about what I would like to wear in flight, or when going out to dinner in a warm tropical location during the fall. I began my search, and then, like magic this flawless picture of Tika Sumpter at the BET Pre-Awards Dinner appeared. I love the freshness of white, and I love her tuxedo style shorts and blazer. Clearly, I don't follow the silly rule, which states, "no white after Labor Day."
For all you curvy divas out there who aren’t afraid of wearing shorts, and aren’t intimidated by the most unforgiving color, white – this outfit is for you! I love, love, love everything about this and may even purchase for myself.  I personally enjoy this look because of its modern, yet feminine take on menswear. Be sure to tell me what you think.
Image taken from Essence.com



Here's how you can get the look too...


White Contrast Tuxedo Jacket from Dorothy Perkins

Instead of short-shorts, I opted for Bermuda Shorts from OneStopPlus.com


Spanx Sexy V-Neck Camisole from Bare Necessities.com

Black Satin "Parfait" Pumps from Steve Madden


Black Sequin Clutch, with Jeweled Bow from Ebags.com



No comments:

Post a Comment